Benjamin Johnson is a registered patent attorney focusing on preparation, prosecution, and litigation of patents in a variety of technology fields. Mr. Johnson has been both an engineer and a project manager before becoming an attorney. As an engineer, he worked on projects involving radar and electronic countermeasures for a defense contractor. As a project manager, he was responsible for the management and implementation of large-scale enterprise software for financial institutions. Mr. Johnson worked as an associate attorney in patent law at a major US law firm and has served as In-House Counsel for a technology company where he managed an extensive patent portfolio covering all aspects of semiconductor back- and front-end of line processing. Prior to accepting a position at TLG, Mr. Johnson practiced patent litigation and patent prosecution at an IP firm in Austin, TX.
– Patent Litigation
– Patent Preparation & Prosecution
– Patent Trial & Appeal Board Proceedings
– Inter-Partes Review
– Domestic & International Patent Strategy
– Due Diligence
– Computer Hardware & Software
– Data Communications & Networks
– Semiconductor Manufacturing
– Business Methods
Mr. Johnson holds a Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering from the University of Arkansas and a Juris Doctor from the University of Texas at Austin, where he graduated with honors. He was an Associate Editor of the Texas Law Review.
ADMITTED TO PRACTICE
– State of Texas
– United States Patent & Trademark Office
– United States District Court for the Eastern District of Texas